5 Reasons Why Learning A Sport Should Be Your New Year Resolution
We’re often stuck in our monotonous lives- living the same routine day in and day out. This makes our lives uninteresting, depressing and may start limiting self-growth. Over time this may start affecting our relationships, thinking and outlook. As we welcome a New Year with much gusto, we also undertake resolutions. They are made to improve our lives in the coming year.
This year learning a new sport should be your new year’s resolution!
And here are the 5 reasons why:
1. Fitness is one of the most common New Year’s resolutions; a new sport makes it more exciting and fun. This also reduces your chances of giving up on your resolution. Learning a new sport can enhance your mental health.
2. It increases the number of new brain cells created in parts of the brain that are integral to memory and thinking. Motor learning can change and strengthen the brain. Not only does it enhance motor skills but it also helps reduce age-related cognitive declines such as hand-eye coordination and memory loss.
3. It also helps with a number of health problems namely diabetes, high blood pressure, cholesterol, and various heart conditions. Playing a sport or exercising improves immunity which protects your body from infections and other chemical toxins. Your muscle mass will improve and so will your breathing.
4. It is very important that you remain motivated to learn and push yourself. It challenges you and there is no better way to challenge yourself than by learning a new sport.
5. This year you should engage in sports in order to improve your physique and mental health. There are a number of physical benefits that come with learning a new sport such ask burning calories, weight management, enhancement of joint flexibility and range of motion.
This New Year engage your body by playing a new sport.
This will allow you to go through your daily activities feeling less fatigued, stressed and weary. It ensures that you have a good night’s rest. And it will have a huge impact on your mood and have a positive impact on one’s long-term mental health.
There are a number of sports you can try in the coming year – swimming, cycling, karate, krav maga etc. Although learning a new sport may seem like a lot of work it is extremely fun. A new year always comes with the desire to improve and challenge oneself.
Learning a new sport is the best way to challenge yourself. It may take time to get used to but it will be helpful in the long run.
Sports are also a very powerful tool in bringing people together. Learning a new sport may provide numerous social opportunities. These opportunities come not only while playing the sport but they may also come by supporting various sports teams. You may find clubs and classes for various sports through gyms, clubs, local groups etc.
It will slowly become something you look forward to and it is a luxury that cannot be missed. There is no better way to stay happier and have a healthier life.
Are you ready to take up this challenge to lead a healthy and happy life?
Playo is the leading One-Stop Sports App to help bring back Play in everyday lives. We empower local communities to make new playpals, organize playgroups, share information/experiences and discover sporting venues/activities. So, no more excuses now…don your sneakers and be a Playoholic!